Flour 140 gm
Margarine 100 gm
Icing Sugar 150 gm
Caramel 10 gm
Chocolate Chips 100 gm
Eggs 1 no
Salt and Soda 1/4 tsp each
Vanila essence optional
1. Sieve the flour, twice along with the baking soda.
2. Press the margarine with your palm on a table and move your palm in a single circular direction to cream and soften the fat.
3. Divide the icing sugar into 4 parts.Add each part seperately, to the margarine, while continuing to cream it. Start with slow movements and then increase the circular motion as it helps to soften the margarine and also incorporate air.
4. Beat the egg in a seperate bowl with a hand whisk. Add salt and essence to the beaten egg and continue to whip.
5. Add the whipped eggs little by little to the creamed fat and sugar mixture while the creaming circular movement continues.
6. Add the flour, caramel and chocolate chips. Fold the ingredients together to form smooth, non sticky dough.Cover the dough and rest it for 10 minutes.
7.Take a walnut sized dough and drop it in a greased baking tray, an inch apart from one another. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 150 degree celcius for 15 to 18 minutes or unti the cookies turn brown on the sides.
8. Cool the cookies before serving or store in a air tight container.