All purpose flour Or Maida 4 cups
Oil For Kneading 2 tbsp
Salt 1 tsp
Sugar 1/2 tsp
Water 1 cup
Egg 1 no
Oil for Making Parotas and to Fry 1/2 cup
Baking Soda 1 pinch
1. Mix flour,sugar,salt, baking soda, egg and 3 tbsp oil. Slowly add water to this and Knead for 10 min. The dough will be sticky at first but by constant kneading it will be a soft ball.
2. Once the dough is soft,apply 1 tbsp of oil over the dough ball and cover the dough with a wet cloth for 2 to 3 hrs.
3. Uncover the dough, apply little oil in your hand and make lemon sized balls with the dough.
4. Apply oil in the work surface and take one ball, roll it with the rolling pin till the dough is too thin. Apply little oil over the rolled dough as well while you were rolling it.
5. Once it is pressed and rolled to the maximum, take the dough from one corner, and using your other hand hold the other corner and roll the dough in a circular motion and settle the dough in the center.
6. Apply little oil and press this rolled Dough and transfer it to the hot thick bottomTava.
7. Add little or no oil and fry the parottas in medium heat till both the sides turn brown in colour.
8.Once you are done with all parottas, keep all parottas one above other, smash it with both of your hands from the sides to make it softer.
9. Serve parottas hot with Chicken/Mutton/egg gravy/salna.