|Image source: http://vazhailai.blogspot.com/|
Basic recipe of biscuit which can be made easily with the ingredients available in the home kitchen. Adding different essences and nuts like almonds, cahew, etc will make it richer.Can be stored in a air tight container for few days. Try this recipe, store it for the kids and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Maida 100 gm
Fat 60 gm
Sugar 35 gm
1. Cream the fat and sugar till it becomes fluffy and frothy.
2. Sieve the maida and add to the creamed mixture till it becomes soft dough.
3. Keep the dough in the refridgerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Take it out rolls it into a thin sheet and cut it using a biscuit cutter.
5. Bake it at 160 to 180 degree C in a moderate oven.
6. Take it out, cool it and put in an air tight container.
N.B: Different essences and flavors may be added to the recipe to make biscuits of various flavors. (e.g) Chocolate, Strawberry,Orange, Pineapple and Apple. Cashewnut, Pista and Badam may also be added to the above recipe.