Phulka a lighter version of chapathi is a soft flat low calorie Indian bread with no fat. Phulka roti is one of the healthiest Indian bread prepared with whole wheat flour. Phulka is a basic Indian bread served in Indian restaurants serving north Indian food and highway dhabas. Phulka is recommended for people who are in diet. Try this simple Indian bread recipe and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Whole wheat flour 250 gm
Maida (refined flour) 250 gm
Eggs 2 no
Water to make dough as required.
Salt to taste
1. Sieve the flour, add salt.
2. Break the eggs and mix well with the flours and prepare like short crusts.
3. Add sufficient quantity of water and prepare soft dough.
4. Prepare and keep it aside for some time covered with a soft cloth. Knead well.
5. Divide into even sized portions. Form into balls.
6. Roll into rounds of nine inches in diameter.
7. Batter on a dry griddle over slow fire.
8. With the help of the cloth press at the center so that a center portion bulges and gives a good appearance.
9. Place over live coal or over a gas flame to finish the cooking.
10. Serve hot.