Split Bengal Gram 15 gm
Ginger (Chopped) 25 gms
Red chillies (dry) 10 no
Tamarind(shelled) lemon size
Curry Leaves a few
Coriander leaves a small bunch
Salt to taste
Asafoedita a pinch
Oil 25 ml
Water 50 ml
1. Fry split Bengal gram, red chillies in little oil till the bengal gram colour changes slightly.
2. Add chopped ginger and fry for 2 r 3 minutes.
3. Add tamarind, curry leaves and fry for another 1 minute.
4.Add salt, asafoedita and grind together after it becomes cool.
5. Tempered with mustard seeds, split black gram, coriander leaves and curry leaves.
6. Pour the grinded chutney in a kadai, add some water and bring to boil.Keep it in slow flame for 5 minutes.
7.Serve Hot with Idly(Indian rice cake) and Dosa(Indian Pancake).