Brinjal chutney is a traditional chutney recipe of sourashtrians living in south India prepared with brinjal, toor dal(split pigeon peas), onion, tomatoes and spices cooked in a pressure cooker with required amount of water. Brinjal chutney/Vangi chutney/ Bhudith is a healthy diet which contains protein and other essential nutritions as the stock is used while tempering and boiling the chutney. This fry free chutney tastes good with idly, dosa, madras pongal.ven pongal. Brinjal chutney is served in restaurants and street shops in Tamil nadu run by sourashtrians. Try this healthy fry freeBrinjal/Eggplant chutney and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Onion 150 gm
Tomatoes 100 gm
Brinjal 50 gm
Split Pigeon peas(toor dal) 1 tsp
Red chillies 2 no
Green chillies 3 no
Coriander leaves 3 springs
Asafoedita a pinch
Salt as required.
1. Peel and chop the onion, tomatoes, brinjal and coriander leaves in little water.
2. Put split bengal gram, red chillies and green chillies.
3. Bring all the ingredients to boil in a pressure cooker till one whistle.
4. Strain the water and grind it to a coarse paste.
5. Tempered with mustard seeds, split black gram and curry leaves, pour the chutney, add the stock and bring to boil.
6. Serve hot with Idly, Dosa and Madras pongal.