Field beans curry prepared in a traditional Sourashtra method is rich in protein as it contains sourashtra curry powder and field beans. Field beans curry tastes well with Indian breads, sambar and rasam rice. Field beans curry can be used to stuff sandwiches. Try this authentic Sourashtrian recipe at home and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Field Beans (shelled) 200 gms
Onion chopped 1 no
Tomato chopped 2 no
Green chillies chopped 3 no
Sourashtra Curry Powder 2 tbsp
Salt to tasteCurry leaves a few
Coriander leaves 1 spring
Asafoetida a pinch
Oil 5 ml
1. Cook field beans with salt in a pressure cooker. It should be 90 percent cooked, over cooking will mash the field beans.
2. Heat oil in a kadai. Add curry leaves, green chilliesand fry onion till golden brown.
3. Add chopped tomatoes, salt and continue frying in a slow flame.
4. Add sourashtra curry powder, asafoetida and continue frying till the raw smell goes and oil comes out seperately.
5. Add required water and bring to boil.
6. Add cooked field beans and cook in a medium flame till the gravy comes to a thick consistency.7. Garnish with coriander leaves and Serve hot with steamed rice, roti, phulka and chapathi.