Palak paneer is a simple and traditional north Indian dish popular all over India prepared with Indian cottage cheese in spinach based curry/gravy with fresh Indian spices. Healthy diet rich in minerals, vitamins, protein served in restaurants and hotels serving north Indian food. Tastes good with white rice, phulka, chappathi, any variety rice and any Indian bread. Try this healthy spinach and paneer recipe and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Paneer (Cottage cheese) 250 gms
Spinach 1 bunch
Onion chopped 1 no
Tomato chopped 1 no
Green chillies 3 nos
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
Garlic chopped 3 flakes
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Fresh cream 1 tbsp (optional)
Curd/Yoghurt 3 tbsp
Cinnamon 1 no(1 inch size)
Cardamom 2 nos
Cloves 2 nos
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil/Butter as required
1. Cut the paneer into the medium sized cubes fry it with 2 tbsp of butter. Soak paneer with curd for 15 mins(This will keep paneer very soft) and keep aside.
2. Cook spinach in boiling water for 2 mins without covering the lid in order to get green colour.
3. Blend the spinach to a fine paste and keep it aside.
4. Heat oil in a kadai. Add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, cumin seeds and fry.Add chopped garlic once the whole garam masala splutters and continue frying for a minute.
5. Add onion and fry it in a slow flame till it becomes golden brown in colour.
6. Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, chopped tomatoes and continue frying till the tomatoes gets cooked and masjed up.
7. Add cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, green chillies and continue frying for 2 minutes.
8. Add blended spinach paste,salt and cook till the raw smell goes and oil comes out seperately.
9. Add paneer to the gravy and granish with fresh cream.10. Serve hot.
Recipe by Ramya (Cooking enthusiasist)