Potato 400 gm
Onion finelychopped 25 gm
Chilli Powder 2 tsp
Garam masala powder 3/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Black gram 1/4 tsp
Asafoedtida a pinch
Curry leaves a few
Oil 15 ml
1. Cook potatos in a pressure cooker adding salt to it. Keep aside and let it cool.
2. Peel the skin and mash the potato well with a laddle or with your hand.
3. Heat oil in a thick bottom kadai. Add mustard seeds, black gram and curry leaves.
4. Add chopped onions when mustard splutters. Fry in a slow flame till the raw onion smell goes.
5. Add chilli powder, garam masala powder, asafoetida and salt. Fry for another 1 minutes.
6. Add the mashed potatoes and mix well. Fry in slow flame till oil comes out.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and Serve hot with rice, roti, phulka.