Sourashtra Idly/Dosa powder is a dry chutney powder prepared with black gram and Indian spices. A common recipe in south India used with dosa and idlies. Sourashtra idly/dosa powder tastes superb when you use this dry chutney powder mixing with ghee or gingely oil. This dry chutney powder can be used in podi dosa, idly and with white rice along with ghee. Try this protein rich simple recipe and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Black gram 200 gms
Dry red chillies 200 gms
Dry curry leaves 200 gms
Salt to taste
Asafoetida 1 1/2 tsp
1. Roast and dry all the ingredients separately.
2. Grind coarsely the dry curry leaves and red chillies in a mixer or blender.
3. Add roasted black gram, salt and asafoetida and continue grinding coarsely.
4. Spread the idli powder in a big plate and keep aside to cool.
5. Store in an airtight container and use when required