Cabbage carrot poriyal recipe is a simple and easy recipe prepared with chopped carrot and cabbage, spicedup with dry red chillies and stir fried in a kadai. The below recipe is a home style preparation of sourashtrians which is simple and healthy. Carrot cabbage poriyal is served as a side dish in wedding lunches, along with meals in south Indian restaurants and hotels. Carrot and Cabbage are shallow cooked by sprinkling water on it often so the recipe is nutritious. Try this healthy cabbage carrot poriyal and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Cabbage 150 gms
Carrot 100 gms
Dry red chillies(splitted) 4 nos
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Black gram 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves a few
Salt to taste
Oil 5 ml
Oil 5 ml
1. Cut cabbage and carrot into small pieces.
2. Heat oil in a thick bottom Kadai. Add mustard seeds, black gram, dry red chillies and curry leaves.
3. Add cutted cabbage, carrot and salt. Sprinkle some water over it.
4. Cover the kadai with a lid and cook in a slow flame.Mix it every 1 minute.
5. Remove from heat when it is cooked about 80 to 90 percentage.6. Serve hot with rice and Indian breads.It can be eaten as a snack also.
Note: Grated coconut can be added to add more taste.