Egg korma/kurma prepared in traditional Sourashtra style is a familiar recipe among sourashtrian families living in south India especially in Madurai, Salem, Dindugal, paramakudi, etc. Sourashtra style egg korma is prepared with hard boiled eggs cooked in a spicy rice, lentil and coconut based curry. This korma is mildely spiced and tastes well with rice, biryani, chapati, parotta, roti and idli(Indian rice cake). This egg korma is available in restaurants and hotels run by Sourashtrians in some cities and towns in Tamil Nadu. Try this healthy Egg korma recipe and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Boiled egg 4 nos
Onion chopped finely 1 no (Big size)
Tomato chopped finely 1 no (Big size)
Sourashtra curry powder 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Fennel 1 tsp
Oil 15 ml
Curry leaves 12 to 14 nosCoriander leaves 1 spring
For ground masala
Garlic 5 flakes
Green chilli 3 to 5 nos
Coconut 1/2 no
Cashewnuts 8 nos
Poppy seeds 1 tsp
Cinnamon 1 inch
Cloves 3 nos
Cardamom 3 nos
Pepper 1 tsp
Cumin 1/2 tsp
1. Heat oil in a thick bottom kadai. Add fennel, onion and fry till golden brown.
2. Add tomatoes, curry leaves and fry for 2 mins.
3. Add sourashtra curry powder and salt, fry till raw smell goes.
4. Add grounded masala and fry till raw smell goes and oil comes out. Add chilli powder if you need more spicy.
5. Add required amount water and bring to boil.
6. Add boiled eggs and cook in a slow flame for 5 mins or till the gravy becomes slightly thick.
7. Remove from heat and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
8. Serve hot with rice, phulka, variety rice and chapathi.
Recipe by Ramya (Cooking enthusiasist)