Spicy fried idly is a simple and easy dish which tastes delicious with coconut chutney. This recipe helps to clear off the excess idlys at home easily.Try this yummy recipe instead of idly upma so everyone at home will love this and stop throwing out the excess idlys. Try simple spicy idly variation and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Idly(Indian rice cake) 10 no
Onion chopped 1/2 no
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Black gram 1/4 tsp
Idly/Dosa Powder 5 tsp or as required
Salt to taste
Curry leaves 15 to 20 nos
Oil 1 tbsp
1. Cut idlys (Indian rice cake) into small pieces and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a non stick pan or kadai. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and black gram and fry.
3. Add chopped onion, salt when mustard seeds starts to splutter.Fry till onion becomes golden brown in colour.
4. Add idly pieces and continue frying for a minute in a slow flame.
5. Sprinkle idly/dosa powder and continue frying till the powder coats well over the idly and looks slightly crispy.6. Serve hot with coconut chutney.