Potato curry is simple vegetarian recipe prepared with boiled potatoes cut into small pieces and pan fried with onion and basic Indian spices. Potato curry is a common menu in south Indian lunch served with meals in most of the South Indian restaurants and hotels.This potato curry can be used to stuff wraps, rolls and even samosa. Using potatoes produced in hill stations like Ooty, Kodaikanal,etc gives the best taste and flavour to this curry recipe. Try this easy Potato curry recipe and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Potato 400 gm
Onion finelychopped 25 gm
Chilli Powder 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
Pepper powder 1/4 tsp
Garlic chopped 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Black gram 1/4 tsp
Asafoedtida a pinch
Curry leaves a few
Oil 15 ml
1. Cook potatos in a pressure cooker adding salt to it. Keep aside and let it cool.
2. Peel the skin and cut the potato into small pieces.
3. Heat oil in a thick bottom kadai. Add mustard seeds, black gram, chopped garlic and curry leaves.
4. Add chopped onions when mustard splutters. Fry in a slow flame till the raw onion smell goes.
5. Add chilli powder, pepper powder, asafoetida and salt. Fry for another 1 minutes.
6. Add the cut potato pieces and mix well. Fry in slow flame till oil comes out.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and Serve hot with rice, roti, phulka.