Onion 150 gm
Tomatoes 100 gm
Split Pigeon peas(toor dal) 1 tsp
Red chillies 2 no
Green chillies 3 no
Tamarind a small piece
Coriander leaves 3 springs
Asafoedita a pinch
Salt as required.
1. Peel and chop the onion, tomatoes, tamarind and coriander leaves in little water.
2. Put split bengal gram, red chillies and green chillies.
3. Bring all the ingredients to boil in a pressure cooker till one whistle.
4. Strain the water and grind it to a smooth paste.
5. Tempered with mustard seeds, split black gram and curry leaves, pour the chutney and bring to boil.
6. Serve hot with Idly, Dosa and Madras pongal.