Mushroom masala curry/gravy is a mildely spiced dish prepared in authentic sourashtrian way and best suits with white rice, phulka, chapati and any variety rice. Sourashtrian way of preparation is not too spicy as the usual mushroom curry or masala. Sourashtra curry powder used makes this curry protein rich and adds medicinal properties. Try this yummy mushroom masala curry recipe and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Mushroom 100 gms
Onion chopped 1 no
Tomato chopped 2 no
Green chillies chopped 3 no
Sourashtra Curry Powder 2 tbsp
Garam Masala Powder 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Black gram 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves a few
Coriander leaves 1 spring
Asafoetida a pinch
Oil 5 ml
1. Wash and cut mushroom into small pieces and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds and black gram. Add curry leaves, green chillies and onion when mustard seeds starts to splutter.
3. Fry onion till golden brown.Add chopped tomatoes, salt and continue frying in a slow flame.
4. Add sourashtra curry powder, garam masala powder, asafoetida and continue frying till the raw smell goes and oil comes out seperately.
5. Add 150 ml water and bring to boil.
6. Add mushroom and cook in a medium flame till the mushroom gets cooked and gravy comes to a thick consistency.7. Garnish with coriander leaves and Serve hot with steamed rice, roti, phulka and chapathi.