Peas masala is one of the vegetarian curry/gravy popular in Indian restaurants and hotels serving north Indian food. Peas masala is prepared with fresh green peas cooked in a spicy onion, tomato and cashew nut based curry/gravy which well suits with naan, roti, phulka and pulao. Use sweet less fresh green peas for best results. Try this healthy Peas masala recipe and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Fresh Green peas 100 gms
Onion chopped 1 1/2 no
Tomato chopped 4 nos
Green chillies 3 nos
Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder 1/2 tsp (Optional)
Cashewnuts 5 to 6 nos
Garam Masala Powder 1 tsp
Curry leaves 12 to 16 nos
Coriander leaves 1 spring
Salt to taste
Oil 10 ml
1. Half cook the green peas in boiling water by adding salt. Keep it aside.
2. Grind chopped onion, green chillies and cashewnuts into a fine paste.
3. Heat oil in a thick bottom kadai. Add ground paste, curry leaves and fry in a slow flame till the raw smell of onion goes off.
4. Add chopped tomatos, salt and continue frying till the tomatos gets smahed well.
5. Add garam masala powder, chilli powder, coriander powder 1/2 tsp(optional) and continue frying till the oil comes out separately from the gravy.
6. Add the green peas along with required amount of water and bring to boil.
7. Simmer it for few minutes or till peas are cooked.8. Garnish with coriander leaves and Serve hot with pulao rice, roti, nan and pulka