Eggless home made butter scotch ice cream a favourite dessert for all age groups. Topping this ice cream over fruit salad tastes awesome. I have tried this ice cream to make butter scotch milk shake which came out delicious. Try this at home and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Milk 500 ml
Milk cream 100 ml
Sugar 150 gms
Milk powder 50 gms
Cashewnut powdered 100 gms
Butter 2 tbsp
Butter 2 tbsp
Butter scotch essence 1/2 tsp
Yellow food colour a pinch
Oil for greasing
1. Heat butter and 100 gms sugar in a pan till the colour changes to golden brown and caramelize. Heat in a slow flame to get perfect flavour.
2. Remove from heat and add cashewnuts to it and mix well.
3. Pour the mixture into a greased tray and allow it to cool till it becomes hard.
4. Grate or crush into small crispy pieces and keep aside.
Making Ice cream
1. Mix all the remaining ingredients except butter scotch essence and whisk well so there is no lumps are seen.
2. Heat in a thick bottomed vessel and bring to boil. Keep boiling for 10 minutes in a slow flame with continuous stirring.
3. Remove from heat and keep aside to let it cool down completely.
4. Pour the mixture in to a shallow container and freeze it till almost set.
5. Remove from the freezer and blend it in a blender till it becomes smooth.
6. Now add grated praline pieces, butter scotch essence, mix slowly and freeze it again till its hard.7. Garnish with chopped nuts and serve cold.