Spicy Rogini chicken/Red chicken is prepared with ground spices in a cashewnut and curd based gravy tastes awesome with steamed rice, biryani and chapathi. Rogini chicken is served is most of the Indian and multi-cuisine restaurants all over India. Cashewnuts and poppy seeds used gives a thick curry and the curd gives a tangy taste to curry. Rogini chicken recipe is very simple and easy to prepare. Try this Rogini chicken/Red chicken recipe at home and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Chicken 500 gm
Curd 125 gm
Fat 50 gm
Red Chilles 5 gm
Cashew nuts 15 gm
Poppy seeds 7 gm
Onion (Sliced and Browned) 50 gm
Garlic 4 flakes
Ginger 5 gm
Salt to taste
1. Joint chicken. Brown in fat and do not over fry. Remove.
2. Add ground spices and fry over a slow fire till the fat separates and comes on top.
3. Add chicken. Stir well and cook gently. Sprinkle little water if necessary.
4. when 3/4th done, beat curd in to a smooth paste and pour over the chicken.
5. Cook again till chicken is tender without stirring.6. Garnish with coriander leaves and Serve hot.
Note: A mix of green chillies and red chillies may be used. Add green chillies slit or whole along with the curd.