Lamb lungs curry/gravy is a spicy recipe and a popular dish in south India. Lamb lung pieces cooked in a basic yellow gravy with Indian spices and coconut milk tastes delicious with rice, parotta and Idly. Lamb lungs gravy is served in most of the countryside hotels and mess in south Tamil nadu prepared in authentic way. Try this tasty south Indian curry recipe and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Lungs 500 gm
Tomato 75 gm
Onion 125 gm
Cloves 2 gm
Cardamom 2 gm
Cinnamon 2 gm
Coconut milk 100 ml
Coriander leaves 1 spring
1. Cut and Clean the lungs.
2. Heat oil in a kadai. Add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bay leaf.
3. Add chopped onions and fry till golden brown.
4. Add chopped tomatoes, green chilli and fry for few minutes.
5. Add Yellow gravy, Coconut milk, Salt. Cook in a slow fire till lungs are tender and the gravy gets thickened.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with white rice, variety rice, roti, parotta, idly(Indian rice cake), dosa(Indian pancake) and any Indian breads.