Makki ki roti is one of the best North Indian breakfast served with Sarson ka saag(mustard leaves and spinach based gravy) and salted lassi(Buttermilk). Makki ki roti is prepared with maize flour, minced onion, green chillies and some spices. Butter is brushed over the roti before serving. Makki ki Roti is served in the restaurants serving north Indian food. You get best makki ki roti in dhabas. Try this healthy recipe and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Maize flour 250 gms
Minced Onion 1 no medium size
Finely chopped coriander leaves 1 spring
Coriander seeds 1 tsp (optional)
Minced green chillies 2 nos
Ghee 10 ml
Salt to taste
1. Mix flour and salt well.
2. Add ghee mix well. Add the remaining ingredients and make a dough with medium consistency by adding required amount of water.
3. Divide the dough into lemon sized balls and roll out each ball into a thick round disc on a floured board.
4. Apply ghee liberally to the uppermost side of the disc and fold into two.
5 .Apply ghee again on the uppermost side of the folded disc and fold both the sides again to form a square.
6. Dip in dry flour and roll into a round disc or chapati.
7. Heat a griddle and cook on both sides till golden brown.8. Serve hot with Sarson ka saag.