Pepper mutton recipe is a simple and popular fry dish in restaurants serving south Indian non-vegetarian food. Pepper mutton fry can be prepared with several regional variations which have a unique mouth watering taste. This peppery mutton is good for the people who have cold, helps in curing it as the pepper has some medicinal properties. Pepper mutton fry is served with rice and can be used as stuffing rolls. Try this pepper mutton fry recipe and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Mutton(Boneless) 500 gm
Onion(chopped) 100 gm
Curd 10 ml
Curd 10 ml
Chilli Powder 15 gm
Pepper Powder 20 gm
Oil 50 ml
Salt to taste
1. Cut mutton into medium size cubes and wash cleanly.
2. Add chilli powder, curd, salt and little water. Mix well and keep aside for few minutes.
3. Heat a thick bottomed vessel. Add the marinated mutton and cook in a medium fire till it is tender.
4. Heat oil in a thick bottomed kadai. Add chopped onion and fry till golden brown.
5. Add the cooked tender mutton and continue cooking till the water gets thickened. Add pepper powder and fry for few minutes.
6. Remove from heat when the meat is getting dry.
7. Serve hot with white rice.