Potato Masala/Poori masala given for poori in the restaurants and hotels in Tamil Nadu are always unique and tasty. Here is the recipe for potato masala served in the restaurants in Tamil Nadu which is spicy and rich in protein and carbohydrate. Try this regional poori masala recipe and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Potato 500 gms
Onion 3 nos
Tomato 2 nos
Gram flour 2 tbsp
Green chillies 4 nos (Slit vertically)
Ginger garlic paste 3 tsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Curry leaves 15 nos
Coriander leaves 1 spring
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Black gram 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida a pinch
Oil 20 ml
1. Cook potatos in a pressure cooker adding salt to it. Keep aside and let it cool.
2. Peel the skin and cut the potato into small pieces.
3. Heat oil in a thick bottom kadai. Add mustard seeds, black gram and curry leaves.
4. Add chopped onions and green chillies when mustard splutters. Fry in a slow flame till the raw onion smell goes.
5. Add chopped tomatos, ginger garlic paste, asafoetida and salt. Fry in a slow flame till tomato gets smashed.
6. Add gram flour and potato. Fry for another 1 minute.
7. Add some water, mix well and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
8. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and Serve hot with poori.
Note: This masala can be used to stuff Masala dosa.