Adhirasam is a famous south Indian sweet prepared during festive occasions in south India. This is prepared using coarsely ground raw rice, brown sugar, cardamom and sesame seeds. Adhirasam is a favourite snack of all ages which is similar to doughnuts. Try this simple recipe and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Raw rice 250 gms
Brown sugar(Jaggery) 250 gms
Sesame seeds 1/2 tsp
Cardamom powder 1/4 tsp
Ghee 1 tbsp
Oil for frying
1. Wash and soak rice in water for 30 to 45 mins. Drain water and trasnfer to absorbent paper to remove remaining water.
2. Grind it to coarse powder in a mixer and keep aside.
3. Heat 150 ml of water in a pan. Add brown sugar(Jaggery) and bring to boil. Keep it in a slow fire till you get a thick jaggery syrup. To test the consistency of the syrup add a tsp of syrup to water it should not mix with water.
4. Add ghee, cardamom powder, and sesame seeds. Mix well.
5. Add ground rice and mix well to make a dough. Keep aside for atleast one day.
6. Divide the dough into small lemon sized balls and roll out into rounds of 3 inch in diameter.
7. Heat oil in a thick bottomed kadai and deep fry it in a slow fire.8. Transfer to absorbent paper to remove excess oil and Serve hot.