Bhindi or Okra masala curry is a healthy and tasty vegetarian recipe which is a preferable dish for lunch and dinner with rice, roti and chappathi. Bhindi or Okra masala is a popular main course dish in Indian restaurants. Okra is a nutritious vegetable rich in iron, minerals, vitamins, etc and good for health. Try this healthy Bhindi or Okra masala curry recipe and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Ladies finger (Okra) 250 gms
Onions chopped 2 no
Tomatoes chopped 2 no
Chilli powder 1 tsp
Lemon juice of 1 no
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder 1 tsp
Pepper Powder to taste
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves 2 tbsp (chopped)
Oil 30 ml
1. Wash ladies finger and cut into pieces. Fry the ladies finger in a kadai for 2 to 3 minutes to remove the stickyness. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a kadai. Add chopped onions and fry till the raw smell goes.
3. Add chopped tomato, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and pepper powder and continue frying till the tomatoes get smashed.
4. Add ladies finger, lemon juice and garam masala and continue frying in slow flame for 2 minutes.
5. Add required amount of water and cook in a medium or slow flame until ladies finger is tender.6. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot