Chicken Moilee curry is a delicious and simple recipe from kerala cuisine prepared with chicken, ground Indian spices, onion, tomato and coconut milk. Onion and tomato gives a thick sauce, spices makes the chicken spicy and coconut milk adds more flavour. This Indian kerala curry dish is served in restaurants and hotels serving Kerala cusine food. This dish tastes awesome with white rice, Dosa, and any Indian Bread. Try this chicken moilee recipe at home and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Chicken(cut into small pieces) 500 gm
Onion(chopped) 1 no
Tomato(chopped) 1 no
Coconut 1/2 no
Cumin 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Ginger 1/2 inch piece
Garlic 2 flakes
Poppy seeds 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon 1/2 inch piece
Green chillies(chopped) 3 no
Pepper powder 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 5 ml
1. Wash and clean chicken. Add salt and mix well. Keep aside.
2. Grind cumin, turmeric, ginger, garlic and poppy seeds to a fine paste in a mixer grinder. Cashewnuts can be used instead of poppy seeds.
3. Cut coconut into small pieces and grind in a mixer grinder adding little water. Make 3 extractions of coconut milk and keep it separately.
4. Heat oil in a thick bottomed kadai and fry chopped onion in a medium fire.
5. Add chicken, ground spices, cinnamon, pepper powder, salt, green chillies, chopped tomato,second and third extractions of coconut milk.
6. Cook in a slow fire till chicken is tender and gravy is thick and oil comes out.
7. Add first extraction of coconut milk and bring to boil and continue to cook in slow fire for 3 to 5 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and serve hot with rice or any variety rice or biryani.