Egg vindaloo is one of the traditional Goan curry dish popular in restaurants serving north Indian food dishes. Egg vindaloo is a hot and spicy curry dish which is influenced by Portuguese cuisine as Goa was one of the colony under Portuguese for a long period. Ghee(clarified butter) is used for frying which gives a delicious taste and flavour. Egg vindaloo is a tasty curry served with rice, roti, phulka, nan. Lemon juice can be replaced with couple of tomatoes to have a different and less sour taste. Try this authentic Goan dish and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Boiled eggs 4 nos
Onions (chopped) 3 nos
Chilli powder 3 tsp
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Cinnamon 1 inch piece
Garam masala 1 tsp
Lemon juice diluted with water 1 no
Sugar 1 tbsp
Ghee 35 ml
Salt to taste
1. Heat ghee in a thick bottom vessel and fry onions in a slow flame.
2. Mix chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, Cumin powder with some lemon juice well.
3. Add the masala mix, salt and cinnamon when onion raw smell subsides and continue frying for 2 minutes.
4. Add sugar, diluted lemon juice and garam masala.
5. Cut the boiled eggs into halves lengthwise and add it to the gravy.6. Cook till the gravy thickens and Serve hot with rice and any Indian breads.