Pepper potato is a simple and quick recipe prepared with boiled potatoes and cooked in a ground spicy masala paste. Masala is prepared with very basic spices available in south Indian home kitchen. Pepper potato dish is served as one of the vegetable in most the south Indian meals served for lunch in most of the South Indian restaurants. Pepper potato is a better side dish for roti, chapathi and any variety rice. Try this simple pepper potato recipe which has some medicinal properties and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Potato 400 gms
Onion chopped 25 gms
Dry Red chilli 1 nos
Pepper 2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Garlic 3 - 4 medium flakes
Salt to taste
Oil 1 tbsp
1. Cook potatos in a pressure cooker adding salt to it. Keep aside and let it cool.
2. Peel the skin and cut the potato into small pieces.
3. Grind pepper, cumin, dry red chilli, garlic into a fine paste.
4. Heat oil in a thick bottom kadai. Add chopped onions and fry in a slow flame.
5. Add the ground paste, salt and turmeric powder when onion raw smell reduces and continue frying in a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add potato and fry for 2 minutes. Add some water and cook till it becomes almost dry.
7. Serve hot with rice, variety rice and any Indian breads.