Veg sandwich prepared with toasted whole wheat bread stuffed with spicy onion and tomato based curry, cooked vegetables topped with some grated cheese. Spicy onion and tomato stuffing gives a flavour of Indian spices. A veg sandwich with an Indian taste. You can replace carrot and potato with any other vegetable. Adding some lettuce leaves will make it tastier. Try this simple veg sandwich recipe and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Whole wheat bread slices 12 nos
Onion(chopped) 4 nos
Tomato(chopped) 4 nos
Carrot 2 nos
Potato 2 nos
Garam Masala powder 2 tsp
Red chilli powder 2 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Mayonnaise 16 tsp
Salt to taste
Cheese as required
Curry leaves 10 to 12 nos
Oil 5 ml
1. Heat oil in a thick bottomed kadai. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
2. Add chopped onions once the mustard seeds start to splutter and fry onions in a slow fire.
3. Add chopped tomatoes when the raw smell of onion reduces and continue frying.
4. Add red chilli powder, garam masala, and salt and continue frying till the tomatoes gets smashed well.
5. Remove from heat and keep aside.
6. Wash and cut carrot and potato into round slices. Cook it to 50 percent in a boiling water adding salt.
7. Heat a tawa or griddle. Toast the bread slices slightly. the upper layer should be little crispy not the entire bread.
8. Take a toasted bread slice. Spread a teaspoon of mayonnaise on one side.
9. Then spread some prepared spicy onion tomato stuffing and put some carrot and potato slices. Grate some cheeseover it.
10. Take a toasted bread slice. Spread mayonnaise on the both the sides. Keep over the stuffed bread slice. Repeat the step 9 and keep another toasted bread over it.11. Heat a tawa and warm the prepared sandwich and Serve hot.