Meen Pollichathu is a famous dish in Kerala cuisine prepared with seer fish slices or pomfret or pearl spot fish stuffed with spicy masala wrapped in fresh banana leaves brushed withoil and cover cooked in a slow flame with less oil. Meen Pollichathu tastes excellent with chicken biryani, mutton biryani or any biryani, variety rice, parotta etc. Banana leaves gives a uniqur flavour and mouth watering taste. Try this traditional kerala recipe and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Seer fish slices 500 gms
Finely chopped onions 200 gms
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder 3 tsp
Salt to taste
Curry leaves a few
Oil 100 ml
Lemon juice to taste
1. Clean the fish slices with salt water. Apply some salt and chilli powder and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
2. Heat some oil in a thick bottomed kadai. Fry onions till the raw smell reduces.
3. Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt. continue frying till the oil comes out.
4. Remove from heat and apply well on the fish.
5. Add some oil in a thick bottomed fry pan. Line bottom with banana leaves.
6. Spread fish, add required lemon juice and curry leaves. Cover with banana leaves.
7. Cook in a slow fire for 15 to 20 minutes and Serve hot.