Spicy chicken fry prepared in sourashtrian style is a simple recipe with minimum spices. This dish is popular sourashtrians living in south India and will be an main course menu during family get togethers. This dish can be prepared either fully dry or as a little thick gravy. People living in Madurai, Dindugal, Salem and any town inTamil nadu with considerable sourashtrian population are familiar about this dish. Tastes awesome with rice, roti,chapathi and even with dosa(Indian pancake/crepe) and idly(Indian rice cake). Try this traditional sourashtrian recipe which cannot be seen in any restaurant except few run by sourastrians and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Chicken 500 gm
Onion(chopped) 1 no
Green chillies chopped 2 no
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
Sourashtra Curry Powder 2 tsp
Chilli Powder 1 tsp
Pepper Powder 2 tsp
Curry leaves a few
Salt to taste
Oil 1 tbsp
1. Clean and wash chicken. Add chilli powder, salt and 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and mix well. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a thick bottomed kadai. Add chopped onions and green chillies and fry in a slow fire till the raw smell reduces.
3. Add ginger garlic paste, pepper powder and sourashtra curry powder. Fry in a slow fire for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add chicken, curry leaves and and continue frying for few minutes and add required amount of water.
5. Cook till the chicken is tender and the curry beomes dry.6. Serve hot with rice and roti.