Milk halwa is a sweetmeat prepared with milk products and sugar is a familiar sweet in India prepared during festive occassions. Milk halwa is a simple and mouth watering quick recipe can be easily prepard at home in a very less cooking time. This sweet can be found in most of the Indian sweet stalls, restaurants and hotels. In south India a sweet stall chain named Adyar Ananda Bhavan is famous for its delicious milk halwa prepared with pure ghee. The below recipe gives similar taste to Adyar Ananda Bhavan milk halwa. Try this simple milk sweet recipe at home and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Milk 1 ltr
Sugar 150 gms
Lemon 1 no
Ghee 50 ml
1. Bring half litre of milk to boil. Squeeze lemon juice and let it curdle.
2. Filter and hang it in a muslin cloth to remove excess liquid.
3. Heat remaining milk and condense it in a slow flame.
4. Break the paneer into coarsely and add to the milk and contnue cooking till the milk is absorbed.
5. Now add sugar and ghee, stir continuosly to avoid halwa sticking to the pan.
6. Once the added ghee comes out, remove halwa from heat and transfer to a greased tray and allow it to cool down.7. Garnish with blanched nuts and Serve.