Gobi/Cauliflower fry is a popular spicy stir fried side dish served in most of the Indian restaurants along with rice, roti and chapathi. A quick time stir fry recipe prepared in a very less time in which the nutritions are not lost as we are putting the cauliflower in boiling water just to remove any harmful worms hiding in the florets. Cauliflower stir fry tastes exceptionally delicious with sambar rice, rasam rice and roti. Try this nutritious recipe and enjoy Cooking!!!
Cauliflower 1 no
Chopped Onion 2 nos
Chopped Tomato 2 nos
Chilli powder 2 tsp
Garam masala powder 1 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves 12 to 15 nos
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Black gram 1/4 tsp
Oil 15 ml
1. Cut cauliflower into small florets. Wash it in cold water and cook in salted water. Remove and strain once the water starts to boil and keep aside to cool down.
2. Heat oil in a thick bottomed non-stick kadai. Add mustard seeds and black gram.
3. Add chopped onion once the mustard seeds start to splutter. Fry in a medium fire till the raw smell of the onion reduces.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and continue frying for 2 or 3 minutes.
5. Add salt, garam masala powder, chilli powder and curry leaves. Continue frying till the toamto gets smashed well.
6. Add cauliflower and fry in a slow fire till it becomes little soft and cooked.7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with white rice, any variety rice and Indian breads.