Chicken kheema masala is a simple and easy recipe prepared with minced chicken in a tomato onion based gravy with some basic Indian spices and fresh green peas.Chicken kheema masala is not a common menu in hotels and restaurants serving Indian food. Mostly the hotels and restaurants in India serve mutton kheema masala. Chicken kheema masala is a similar kind of recipe prepared with minced chicken flavoured with Indian spices and fresh green peas. Chicken kheema masala tastes excellent with white rice, roti and can be used as filler for dosa and rolls. Try this simple chicken kheema recipe at home and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Minced Chicken 200 gms
Fresh green peas 50 gms
Onion finely chopped 2 nos
Tomato finely chopped 2 nos
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder 1 tsp
Chilli powder 2 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Fennel 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves a few
Salt to taste
Oil 1 tbsp
1. Wash minced chicken in cold water. Add some salt, 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a thick bottomed kadai. Add fennel, chopped onions, ginger garlic paste and fry in a medium fire till the raw smell goes off.
3. Add chopped tomato, curry leaves and salt. Fry in a slow fire till the tomatoes get smashed well.
4. Add the minced chicken and continue frying in a slow fire.
5. Once the minced chicken half cooked, add fresh green peas, chilli powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder.Add required amount of water.
6. Remove from heat once the chicken is tender and oil comes out separately.7. Serve hot with white rice, chapati and roti.