Spicy corn on the cob recipe is a simple and easy snack recipe to prepare in less than 15 minutes of time. Sweet corn is cooked in boiling salted water along with butter and then rubbed with lemon juice and Indian spices to make it little hot and spicy. This corn is popular as a street food all over India especially in tourist places like Kodaikanal, Ooty, Mysore, etc. spicy corn on the cob is a protein rich and healthy recipe suitable for all ages and kids loves it. For best results choose tender and young sweet corn and dont cook in boiling water more than 10 minutes. Try this simple and healthy corn on the cob recipe and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Sweet corn 4 ears
Lemon 1 no
Garam masala powder 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder 1 tsp
Salt 2 3/4 tsp
Butter 1 tbsp
Water for boiling
1. Husk the corn and remove the silky threads. Wash the corn in cold water.
2. Half fill a big thick bottomed vessel with water and bring to boil.
3. Add butter and 3/4 tsp salt and mix well.
4. Add corn and cover cook in slow fire for 5 to 8 minutes.
5. Remove corn from boiling water and keep aside.
6. Mix chilli powder, salt and garam masala powder. Cut lemon into halves.
7. Rub corn with lemon and spice mix. Serve as a snack.