Egg rice is a simple and easy to cook Indian recipe prepared with aromatic basmati rice, flavoured with cloves, cinnamon, pepper corns and spiced up by mixing peppery scrambled egg. Egg rice is available in most of the Indian restaurants, highway dhabas and hotels serving non vegetarian food. Egg rice tastes well with any veg and non veg curries along with a starter like fish fingers, chicken kebab,etc for lunch and dinner. Try this healthy egg rice recipe at home and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Basmati rice 400 gms
Eggs 4 nos
Onions sliced 1 no(big size)
Peppercorns 2 tbsp
Cloves 6 to 8 nos
Cinnamon stick 1 inch
White pepper powder 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 25 ml
1. Wash and clean rice. Soak basmati rice for 30 minutes.
2. Cook the soaked basmati rice adding pepper corns, cloves, cinnamon and salt.
3. Heat oil in a thick bottom kadai. Add onion and fry till raw smell reduces.
4. Beat egg well and add it.
5. Add white pepper powder and salt. Continue frying in a slow fire till the eggs are well cooked.
6. Add scrambled egg to the cooked rice and mix well.7. Serve hot with any vegetarian and non vegetarian curry/gravy.