Sourashtra Mor Kuzhambu is a popular buttermilk curry recipe among Sourashtrians living in south India which is a variation from south Indian mor kuzhambu and tastes similar to Punjabi kadhi. Mor kuzhambu is a simple recipe prepared with less sour curd, roasted and ground bengal gram, coconut and cumin seeds and tempered with spices.Mor kuzhambu/dheim ounty is one of the common lunch menu among Sourashtrians and south Indians during occassions and a curry served with meals in authentic south Indian restaurants and hotels. Try this simple authentic Sourastrian mor kuzhambu/kadhi recipe and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Split Bengal Gram 3 tsp
Curd/Yoghurt 100 ml
Coconut 1/5 no
Cumin 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Green chilli 1 no
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves 1 sprig
Dry red chilli 2 no
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Black gram 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves a few
Oil 10 ml
1. Heat a kadai and roast split bengal gram.
2. Grind coconut, roast split bengal gram, green chilli and cumin seeds into a fine paste.
3. Heat 5 ml of oil in a thick bottomed vessel. Add the ground paste and fry for a minute in a medium fire.
4. Add curd, turmeric powder, salt and fry for a minute in a slow fire. Add water to make it to curry consistency.
5. Bring to boil and remove from heat. Keep aside.
6. Heat remaining oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds and black gram. Add curry leaves and broken red chillies when mustard seeds start to splutter.
7. Add over the curry and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
8. Serve hot with white rice.