Vegetable do pyaza is a famous north Indian recipe from Punjabi and Mughal cuisine. Vegetable do pyaza is a common vegetarian menu in restaurants and hotels serving north Indian food. Vegetable do pyaza is prepared with mixed vegetables like potatoes, gobi/cauliflower, fresh peas, carrot, beans, etc in a spicy onion and tomato based gravy. Kashimiri red chilli used gives a red colour and adds taste to the dish. Veg do pyaza tastes awesome with Indian breads like roti, naan, chapathi and with any kind of pulao rice. Try this healthy Vegetable do pyaza vegetarian recipe and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Onion chopped 200 gms
Tomatoes chopped 200 gms
Potatoes 100 gms
Fresh green peas 50 gms
Carrots 50 gms
Broad Beans 100 gms
Kashmiri red chilli powder 2 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Cumin 1/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 25 ml
1. Wash vegetables. Peel potatoes. Cut beans, carrot and potatoes into pieces.
2. Grind ginger garlic paste, half of the onions, corainder powder, turmeric powder, kashmiri red chilli powder, cumin seeds, mustard seeds together to a fine paste.
3. Heat oil in a thick bottomed vessel and fry the remaining chopped onions till golden brown. Remove it from oil and keep aside
4. Add ground spices and fry for 1 or 2 minutes. Then add chopped tomatoes, salt and continue frying in a slow fire till oil comes out.
5. Add cut vegetables and fry for 2 minutes in a medium fire.
6. Add fried onions and enough water to cook vegetables.
7. Remove from heat once the vegetables are cooked and the gravy/curry gets thickened.8. Serve hot with roti, naan and any kind of pulao rice.