Deviled chicken is a simple and easy recipe prepared with boneless chicken marinated with ground mustard seeds and red chillies along with worcester sauce, ketchup and soy sauce for atleast 1 hour and then fried, cover cooked till it gets tender and roasted. Deviled chicken is served in most of the multi-cuisine restaurants in India. This chicken recipe can be prepared with several variations. A good side dish with fried rice, roti and other variety rice. Try this simple deviled chicken recipe at home and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Boneless chicken 500 gms
Quartered Onions 150 gms
Red chillies 4 nos
Mustard seeds 3 tsp
Worcestershire sauce 1/2 tbsp
Tomato ketchup 1 tsp
Soy sauce 1 tsp
Lemon juice 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Sugar 1 dsp
Chopped Lemon grass 1/4 stem
Oil 15 ml
1. Clean, wash and cut boneless chicken into small cubes.
2. Grind mustard seeds and red chillies into a fine paste using lemon juice.
3. Mix the ground paste with worcester sauce, tomato ketchup, soy sauce, sugar, salt and chopped lemon grass. Add this mix to the chicken and mix well. Keep aside for atleast 1 hour.
4. Heat oil in a thick bottomed frying pan. Fry chicken lightly, add quartered onions and fry in a slow fire.
5. Turn the chicken frequently, sprinkle with water and cover cook in a slow fire till the chicken is tender and roasted well.6. Remove from heat and Serve hot with fried rice and any kind of rice.