Homemade fried chicken prepared in south Indian style is a popular chicken fry starter recipe in authentic south Indian restaurants and hotels serving non-vegetarian food. South Indian fried chicken with boneless chicken breast or chicken with bones, marinated in a ground spicy mixture, cover cooked in a pan till it is tender without adding water which keeps the flavour and taste of spices and chicken and then deep fried. This chicken fry is famous in country side of Tamil nadu. An excellent spicy starter and one of the best accompany with drinks during parties. Try this simple and healthy south Indian style fried chicken recipe and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Boneless chicken breast 500 gms
Small onions 30 gms
Kashmiri red chilli powder 2 tsp
Dry red chilli 4 nos
Pepper powder 1 tsp
Cinnamon 1 no(2 inch in size)
Garlic 4 to 5 flakes
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Curry leaves 1 sprig
1. Clean, wash and cut boneless chicken breast into medium size cubes.
2. Grind kashmiri red chilli powder, dry red chilli, pepper powder, cinnamon, garlic, small onions and salt into a fine paste.
3. Mix the ground spices with the chicken and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
4. Heat a thick bottomed pan and cook the marinated chicken along with curry leaves in a slow fire till chicken is tender.
5. Heat oil in a thick bottomed kadai and deep fry the chicken pieces in a slow fire.6. Garnish with the cooked curry leaves and Serve hot with sliced onion and lemon wedges.