Kadai Chicken is a popular Pakistani and north Indian recipe prepared with skinless chicken, Indian spices, onion, tomato and stir fried in a thick bottomed copper kadai. Kadai chicken is spicy and at the same time has some tangy taste as the tomatoes used are more than normal quantity. Kadai chicken is a popular gravy menu in restaurants, hotels, dhabas serving north Indian food.Kadai chicken tastes delicious with white rice, biryani, pulao,roti and nan.Try this spicy Kadai chicken recipe at home and enjoy Cooking!!!
Chicken 500 gm
Tomatoes(chopped) 5 no
Onions(chopped) 2 no
Ginger garlic paste 3 tsp
Dry red chilli 4 no
Green chillies (chopped) 3 no
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 3 tsp
Garam Masala Powder 1 tsp
Cardamom 4 no
Cloves 4 no
Cinnamon 2 strips(1 inch each)
Oil 15 ml
Salt to taste
1. Clean and joint chicken. Add salt, chilli powder and mix well. Keep aside.
2. Grind coriander powder and dry red chillies together to a coarse powder.
3. Heat oil in a thick bottomed kadai. Add cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, green chillies and ground dry red chilli and coriander powder. Fry for a minute in a medium fire.
4. Add chopped onions, ginger garlic paste and continue frying in a slow fire till onion becomes light golden brown in colour.
5. Add chopped tomatoes and continue frying for 2 minutes.
6. Add 100 ml water. Cover and cook till the gravy gets reduced.
7. Add marinated chicken, salt, garam masala powder and corinader leaves. Add some water if required.
8. Cover and cook till the chicken is tender and cooked well.
9. Remove from heat and Serve hot with roti, nan, pulao, white rice, biryani,etc.