Pal Payasam/Semiya Payasam is a sweet and delicious Indian kheer recipe prepared with vermicelli/semiya cooked in condensed milk, sweetened with sugar, flavourd with cardamom and garnished with sauted nuts and raisins. Semiya payasam is a most popular dessert served along with south Indian meals in restaurants, hotels and wedding lunches. This Indian kheer recipe is prepared during most of the festive occasions like diwali, vinayagar chathurthi, family get togethers,etc. Try this variety of Indian kheer recipe Pal payasam/Semiya payasam at home and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Milk 1600 ml
Vermicilli 100 gm
Sugar 60 gm
Cashew nuts 2 tbsp
Raisins 1 tbsp
Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
Ghee 10 ml
1. Boil milk in a thick bottomed pan and keep in slow fire till it reduces to three-quarters of its original quantity.
2. Heat 5 ml ghee in a kadai and saute vermicilli till it turns light brown in colour.
3. Add roasted vermicilli to the boiling milk and cook in a slow fire till the vermicilli is done.
4. Add sugar, cardamom powder and cook in slow fire for a minute.
5. Saute the cashew nuts and raisins in the remaining ghee and garnish it over the payasam/kheer.
6. Serve hot or cold as a dessert.