Chilli Mutton/lamb is a hot and spicy fry recipe prepared with mutton(Goat meat), spices, and curd or yoghurt and stir fried in a slow fire for a long time. Chilli mutton is popular in most of the south Indian hotels and restaurants served as dry side dish. Chilli mutton is a delicious side dish for rice, roti and biryani.This chilli mutton can be used to stuff dosa, idli.Try this spicy chilli mutton recipe at home and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Lamb/Mutton 500 gm
Onion(chopped finely) 2 no medium sized
Ginger Garlic paste 1 tsp
Cloves(powdered) 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder 1 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder 1/4 tsp
Red chillies without seeds 4 no
Yoghurt 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil 1 tbsp
1. Clean mutton and cut into small pieces. Add salt, 1/2 tsp chilli powder and mix well. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a thick bottomed non stick kadai. Add chopped onions and ginger garlic paste. Fry in a slow fire lightly.
3. Add powdered cloves and continue frying.
4. Add mutton, chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, red chilli and fry well in a slow fire. Cover and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
5. Add some water and cook in a slow fire till mutton is tender.
6. Add yoghurt and cook for few minutes.
7. Serve hot with rice, phulka, roti.