Gulab Jamun is a popular Indian sweetmeat dessert recipe prepared with mawa, chhena based deep fried dumbling and soaked in sugar syrup. Gulab jamun is prepared during festive occassions in most of the Indian families. Gulab Jamun is a famous dessert recipe served in most of the buffet lunches and dinner in Indian hotels and restaurants. This dessert can stored in refridgerator for a week and taste delicious when served topping with ice cream. Try this delicious Gulab jamun recipe at home and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Mawa/Khoa(dried whole milk) 200 gm
Chhena/Curd cheese 50 gm
Maida 30 gm
Cardamom 6 no
Soda bi-carbonate 1/4 tsp
Oil for deep frying
Sugar 400 gm
1. Grate mawa and curd cheese.
2. Mix mawa, chhena, maida, soda bi-carbonate and add some water to make a soft dough. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
3. Make small balls using the dough. Dont press the dough hard while making the balls.
4. Heat 400ml of water in a thick bottomed vessel. add sugar, chopped cardamom and boil in a slow flame for 20 minutes or till the syrup comes to a sticky consistency. Remove from heat.
5. Heat oil in a thick bottomed kadai. Fry the dough balls in a slow fire till golden brown.
6. Transfer the fried balls to the sugar syrup and leave it for minimum 20 to 30 minutes. Fried balls enlarges 3 times in size from the dough ball size.7. Serve hot or cold or topped with vanila icecream as a dessert.