Chicken saute in Indian style is a very simple easy recipe prepared with chicken breast or legs in a spicy onion tomato based sauce. Very basic spices available in the home kitchen is used to prepare this chicken saute. Marinating chicken with ground spices for a longer time gives a better taste as you can taste the spices flavour deep inside the meat in every piece of chicken. This dish can be served with white rice, roti or any Indian bread. Try this Indian style Chicken saute recipe at home and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Chicken 500 gm
Onions chopped 2 no (medium size)
Tomato chopped 2 no ( medium size)
Red chillies 8 no
Peppercorns 15 no
Cinnamon 1 no (1 1/2 inch size)
Cloves 4 to 6 no
Fennel 1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
Lemon juice of 1 no
Salt to taste
Curry Leaves a few
Oil 20 ml
1. Wash and cut chicken into medium size pieces.
2. Grind red chillies, peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves and fennel together to a fine paste using lemon juice and water if required.
3. Mix half the ground spices, salt and chicken. keep aside for 30 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a thick bottomed vessel. Fry marinated chicken for few minutes in a medium fire.
5. Add the remaining ground spices,salt and continue frying for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add chopped onions, curry leaves and saute.
7. Add chopped tomatoes, water if required and cover cook in a slow fire till chicken is tender.8. Remove from heat and Serve hot with white rice, roti, etc.