Potato masala recipe is a basic vegetarian curry dish served with roti, naan, poori, white rice, etc in restaurants, hotels and dhabas in India. Aloo masala is prepared with cut small pieces of boiled potatoes in a spicy onion, tomato based gravy/curry. Ingredients used are very basic ingredients available in home kitchen. Aloo masala curry is prepared more often in Indian families with roti, poori, white rice and any variety rice. Try this Potato masala recipe at home and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Potato 400 gms
Onion 1 no big size
Tomato 2 no medium size
Chilli powder 2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder 1 tsp
Curry leaves a few
Coriander leaves 1 sprig
Salt to taste
Oil 15 ml
1. Wash and cut potatoes into medium pieces. Boil potatoes in salted water till it is 80 percentage cooked.
2. Peel potatoes and cut into small pieces and keep aside.
3. Chop onions and tomatoes finely.
4. Heat oil in a thick bottom kadai. Add chopped onions, ginger garlic paste, curry leaves and fry in a slow fire till it is light golden colour.
5. Add chopped tomatoes, chilli powder and continue frying for 2 minutes in slow fire.
6. Add cumin powder, corainder powder, salt, garam masala powder and continue frying in a slow fire till the oil comes out and the onions and tomatoes gets smashed well.
7. Add required amount to make curry consistency. Bring to boil and add potatoes. Cook in a slow fire for 5 to 8 minutes.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and Serve hot with roti, naan, paratha, rice, etc.