Dalcha is an authentic curry recipe of muslims living in south Tamil nadu, India prepared with mutton, vegetables, raw mango in mildly spiced dal based curry. Dalcha is served with their unique style of biryani during festive occassions, marriages, etc. Dalcha is served in few hotels in Madurai, Dindugal run by mostly muslims or the chefs will be muslims. Dindugal, Venu biryani hotel is more popular in Tamil nadu for this dalcha and Biryani. Try this authentic dalcha recipe at home and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Mutton with bones 100 gms
Bengal gram 10 tsp
Split pigeon peas(Toor dal) 10 tsp
Onion chopped 1 1/2 no
Tomato chopped 2 no
Cut Potato 1 no
Cut Brinjal 1 no
Cut Raw Mango 1/2 no
Green chillies slit 2 no
Ginger garlic paste 3 tsp
Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves 1 sprig
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tsp
1. Wash mutton, bengal gram and split pigeon peas.
2. Add turmeric powder and pressure cook for 10 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a thick bottomed kadai. Add chopped onions, ginger garlic paste, green chillies and fry in a medium fire till the raw smell reduces.
4. Add chopped tomato, potato, brinjal, raw mango, coriander leaves and salt. Continue frying for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add the fried ingredients to the pressure cooked dal and mutton. Add required amount of water and pressure cook for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
6. Serve hot with Biryani.