Chicken 1 kg
Onions 2 no
Green chillies 4 no
Ginger garlic paste 3 tsp
Chilli powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 2 tbsp
Curry leaves 1 sprig
Lemon juice of 1 no
Coconut 3/4 no
Oil 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Wash and cut chicken into medium size pieces. Add chilli powder and salt, mix well and keep aside for atleast 45 minutes.
2. Grind coconut and make two extractions of coconut milk.Chop onions and slit green chillies.
3. Heat oil in a thick bottomed vessel.Add onions, green chillies, ginger garlic paste, coiriander powder and turmeric powder. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes in a medium fire.
4. Add chicken and fry well in a medium fire for few minutes.
5. Add 2nd extraction coconut milk and cook in slow fire till chicken is tender.
6. Add thick coconut milk, salt and lemon juice. Cook for another 5 minutes in slow fire.
7. Serve hot with white rice, biryani, parotta, etc.