Pakistani fish curry prepared in Peshawari style is a spicy and delicious recipe prepared with seer/king fish cooked in a onion, tomato and curd based spicy curry. Peshawari machli curry has a smooth and thick gravy with an awesome aroma of spices and ghee tastes best with white rice, roti,etc. This fish curry recipe is available in some restaurants serving Peshawari cuisine. There are some restaurants serving Peshawari food in India serves this delicious curry. Try this spicy Pakistani fish curry/Peshawari machli at home and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Seer fish slices 750 gms
Onion 2 nos medium size
Blanched tomatoes 3 nos medium size
Chopped green chillies 4 nos
Chilli powder 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Mango powder 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
Curd 250 ml
Lemon juice of 1 no
Ghee 30 ml
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves few sprigs
1. Wash fish slices once and keep aside.
2. Mix mango powder, salt and lemon juice. Apply it over the fish slices and marinate for minimum 30 minutes.
3. Heat a non stick pan and fry the fish slices on both the sides slightly and keep aside. Grind onion into a smooth paste.
4. Heat 30 ml ghee in a thick bottom vessel. Fry ground onion, ginger garlic paste in a slow fire till it becomes light brown in colour.
5. Add tomatoes, green chillies, cumin powder, salt and turmeric powder. Fry in a slow fire till the ghee comes out separately.
6. Add required amount of water and cook in a medium fire till it becomes dry and mash it into paste.
7. Add 100 ml water to curd and beat well and add it.
8. Add fish slices once the curry starts to boil and cook in a slow fire till fish is cooked well.
9. Garnish with garam masala powder, coriander leaves and serve hot with white rice.