Chicken capsicum curry is simple and delicious curry recipe prepared with chicken and capsicum and cooked in a spicy onion and tomato based curry. This Indian curry is not a very high calorie diet as coconut or coconut milk is not used in this curry preparation. The aroma and flavour of capsicum/bell pepper along with chicken is mouth watering. This chicken curry suits well with tawa roti, phulka and white rice. I tried with idly(Indian rice cake) which was awesome. Try this simple variation of Indian chicken curry recipe at home and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Chicken 500 gms
Onion chopped 2 nos medium size
Tomato chopped 3 nos medium size
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
Red chilli powder 2 tsp
Capsicum 1 no cut into small pieces
Green chillies slit vertically 3 nos
Garam Masala Powder 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 2 tsp
Curry leaves 1 sprig
Salt to taste
Oil 25 ml
1. Clean and joint chicken. Add 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, salt and mix well. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a thick bottom pan. Add chopped onion, slit green chillies and fry in a slow fire till the onion is translucent.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and continue frying for 3 to minutes.
4. Add ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder, curry leaves and continue frying for another 2 minutes.
5. Add garam masal powder, coriander powder, salt and continue frying till raw smell of coriander powder reduces.
6. Add chicken and fry for few minutes. Add required amount of water and cook till chicken is 80 percent cooked.
7. Heat 5 ml oil in a small kadai, fry capsicum pieces.for 2 or 3 minutes in a slow fire and remove from heat.
8. Add capsicum piceces to the curry and continue cooking till the chicken is tender.
9. Serve hot with white rice, roti, chapathi,etc.